Hillcrest's Response to COVID-19
Hillcrest Transitional Housing is committed to doing its part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We will adhere to local ordinances and national guidance for our Covid-19 procedures.
At Hillcrest Program Sites
- Face masks are no longer required. Due to changes in local ordinances, face masks are no longer required on our campuses or at our thrift stores. However, masks are welcomed and recommended.
- All volunteer opportunities have resumed. Outdoor volunteer projects with no group limits are available; physical distancing is encouraged when possible. Indoor projects are limited to five (5) volunteers at a time in any single, confined space. If you are interested in scheduling a volunteer project, e-mail Tamara Grubb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers and visitors will be asked to sign-in. All visitors to Hillcrest sites will be asked to sign-in and provide their contact information.
- The size of visitor groups will be limited. Visitors including program applicants, donors, contractors, and business partners are welcome on site, however only five (5) people at a time will be allowed in any single, confined space.
- Additional guidelines are being communicated. Additional guidelines and recommendations specific to staff and residents have been communicated to them directly.
Hillcrest encourages all employees, residents, volunteers, and others to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) related to COVID-19, including staying home if you are feeling unwell.
At Hillcrest Thrift Stores
Hillcrest Thrift Stores will maintain or exceed compliance with local mandates. Shoppers are no longer required at our stores. They are, however, welcomed and recommended. In addition:
- Donations are still contactless at each of our stores.
- Social distancing guidelines remain in place at checkout line.
- Window barriers are still installed at the registers.
- Shopping carts will still be cleaned after each use.
- High traffic areas are sanitized on a regular schedule.
- Hand sanitizers are stationed on the sales floor.