Hillcrest's Response to COVID-19
Hillcrest Transitional Housing is committed to doing its part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We will adhere to local ordinances and national guidance for our Covid-19 procedures.
At Hillcrest Program Sites
- Face masks required. Due to changes in local ordinances, face masks are now required on our campuses and at our thrift stores.
- All volunteer opportunities have resumed. Outdoor volunteer projects with no group limits are available; physical distancing is encouraged when possible. Indoor projects are limited to five (5) volunteers at a time in any single, confined space with facemasks required. If you are interested in scheduling a volunteer project, e-mail Tamara Grubb at email@example.com.
- Volunteers and visitors will be asked to sign-in. All visitors to Hillcrest sites will be asked to sign-in and provide their contact information.
- Additional guidelines are being communicated. Additional guidelines and recommendations specific to staff and residents have been communicated to them directly.
Hillcrest encourages all employees, residents, volunteers, and others to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) related to COVID-19, including staying home if you are feeling unwell.
At Hillcrest Thrift Stores
Hillcrest Thrift Stores will maintain or exceed compliance with local mandates. Facemasks are required at our stores. In addition:
- Donations are still contactless at each of our stores.
- Social distancing guidelines remain in place at checkout line.
- Window barriers are still installed at the registers.
- Shopping carts will still be cleaned after each use.
- High traffic areas are sanitized on a regular schedule.
- Hand sanitizers are stationed on the sales floor.