You Can Help Solve Homelessness
Hillcrest solves homelessness one family at a time in the greater Kansas City metro area. We offer homeless families, singles and youth a disciplined educational program within a caring, supportive environment. Unlike many organizations whose focus is one-time or emergency care, Hillcrest’s primary objective is to move clients from homelessness to self-sufficiency by addressing the total life situation of the homeless families we serve. At any given time, there are approximately 100 households in our care. Hillcrest provides and operates the following:
• A transitional housing program that focuses on moving clients to self-sufficiency within a 90-day time frame.
• A 24-month youth housing program for homeless teens and youth adults, ages 16-24, who have an educational goal.
• A rapid re-housing program for those in need of immediate housing.
• Two robust thrift stores that act as a primary funding source for our ministry along with providing housewares for our programs and clothing and resources for our families.
Hillcrest thrives because of a talented and diverse staff of more than 40 individuals. Each member of #TeamHillcrest is fueled with a passion for serving others. The team at Hillcrest collaborates daily to provide a loving and supportive environment to meet the needs of the families we are blessed to serve every day.
Why Join #TeamHillcrest?
Everyone at our organization works extremely hard every day and we know it takes a special amount of godly grit to serve at Hillcrest. We are a growing organization looking for amazing people to join us. In addition to competitive wages and a flexible work environment, Hillcrest offers the following benefits to all members of #TeamHillcrest:
• Paid training and onboarding
• Paid vacation and PTO
• Paid Parental Leave
• 11 paid holidays annually
• Company matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program + Employee Assistance Fund
• Discount at our thrift stores
• Annual professional development opportunities
• Advancement opportunities within the organization
For full-time Hillcrest staff, we offer 100% paid employee premium for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. For those with dependents, Hillcrest offers a monthly stipend of help offset the cost of dependent premiums. Plans begin the first of the month following start date.
For more information about career opportunities at Hillcrest, e-mail Tamara Grubb at email@example.com or view our current job listings below.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Hillcrest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more about our commitment below:
Current Job Openings
Donation Attendant - Lee's Summit
Job Posting - Donation Attendant, Lee's Summit To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Health Navigator
Job Posting - Community Health Navigator To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Transitional Housing Case Manager
Job Posting - Transitional Housing Case Manager To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Job Posting - Marketing & Social Media Coordinator To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.