Some of Hillcrest’s programs use regional Coordinated Entry Systems.
The Kansas City Area has several of these regions, described in more detail below.
Hillcrest is a Coordinated Entry (CE) Access Point for the Kansas City Northland, Northwest Missouri, and St Joseph, Missouri. Additionally, Hillcrest serves Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas by drawing from those local CE Prioritization Lists for some of our programs.
Hillcrest is NOT a CE access point in Kansas or south of the Missouri River.
If you're searching for housing assistance in those areas, please consider our transitional housing programs, or find the list of access points below for agencies you can contact in other parts of the Kansas City region.
What is Coordinated Entry?
Coordinated Entry is a process where assistance agencies and housing programs cooperate to work from one combined list of people in need of housing assistance. Multiple "Access Points" add households to a "Prioritization List" (sometimes called a "By Name List") and multiple programs pull from that list when they have openings.
- Reduces the number of times you have to tell your story to different providers
- Helps connect you with multiple housing options that best match your needs
- Can identify resources to assist you with other basic needs while you’re working towards stable housing
- Uses a secure database to share your confidential information only with specially trained staff
- Is NOT a guarantee that housing assistance resources will be available
- Identifies and prioritizes households with the greatest needs and risks to be served first
- Can be accessed in a way that keeps your name and other details private
- Is a process that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires for some types of housing programs and federal funding sources
- Does NOT include every housing assistance program that you may be eligible for
Who do I contact to complete a Coordinated Entry Assessment?
See the map below to find the HUD CoC that covers the area you’re wanting to live in the KC Metro and surrounding areas.
The Greater Kansas City Area has several different groups of cooperating agencies – sometimes called Coalitions, Continuums of Care, or CoCs. These separate groups serve different areas. Which group you should contact for a CE Assessment depends on where you want to find housing. Some agencies have service areas in more than one CoC region.
It’s ok to get on the list with multiple regions. Also, some agencies and housing programs (especially those that are privately funded) are not required to use the Coordinated Entry System. So, even though you’re on a combined list, you may still need to apply for other programs that keep their own private waitlists.
KC Northland & Northwest Missouri
Hillcrest Transitional Housing
2050 Plumber's Way, Ste 180 / Liberty, MO 64068
Call our CE Access Line at (816) 866-6119 to schedule and complete an assessment by phone.
Review intake forms for your CE call with Hillcrest
Metro Lutheran Ministry - Kansas City, MO
Central: 3031 Holmes / Kansas City, MO 64109
Call (816) 285-3129 to schedule an assessment by phone or in-person.
Community Resource Center (CRC Shelter) - Chillicothe, MO
913 Webster St / Chillicothe, MO 64601 - (660) 646-1667
Catholic Charities of KC & St Joseph - St Joseph & Maryville, MO
1123 South 10th / St Joseph, MO 64503 - (816) 232-2885
Send pre-call forms to Hillcrest for your CE Assessment
Hillcrest wants to make your CE Assessment call with us go smoothly. We've provided some documents here so you can look over them before your call, or have them for reference during or after your call.
MO BoS CE Forms:
- ICA-HMIS-Informed-Consent-Release MO-BOS
- MO-BoS-CoC Coordinated Entry Release
- Disability-Verification (Only needed if requested)
Saint Joseph CE Forms:
To reduce the amount of time you spend on the phone during your CE Asessment call, and to help us record accurate information about you, you can send some information to us before your call using the form at the link below.
Complete a CE Intake Form ahead of your CE Assessment Call
Please call Carrie Flagg, CE Specialist, at (816) 866-6119 to schedule and complete your assessment call by phone.